JOSEPH W. GREN
Joseph W. Gren, a founding Member of Brown Gren Abraham & McCracken, LLC, received a Bachelor of Arts in history from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. After graduation, he earned a Masters of Resources Law, with concentrations in environmental and energy law and policy, and received his Juris Doctor degree from the University of Denver Sturm College of Law in 2009. During law school, Mr. Gren was a member of the University of Denver Sturm College of Law Transportation Law Journal, a recipient of the Berry Conversation Law Fellowship and a student attorney in the D.U. Civil Litigation Clinic, representing low-income clients in a wide range of civil disputes, and served as a research assistant drafting multiple publications on endangered species law.
Mr. Gren is licensed to practice law in Colorado and Arizona. His practice areas include, general liability, insurance coverage and liability law, business law, complex subrogation claims, workers’ compensation focusing on employer and uninsured employer defense, property premises liability, and auto liability claims.
Mr. Gren frequently travels and lectures for National and International insurance carriers, as well as many Fortune 500 and Fortune 100 companies, on a wide range of issues relating to insurance coverage, subrogation litigation, workers’ compensation litigation, bad faith claims, work-place labor law, and best practices for claim handling in Colorado and Arizona.
U.S. Federal Court for the District of Colorado
State of Colorado
State of Arizona
- Joseph Gren, Esq. and Emily Miller, Esq., The Game of Liens, The Colorado Lawyer, (April 2021 ed.)
- Joseph Gren, Esq. and Jenna Zerlynick, Esq., Settlement Procedures in Workers’ Compensation, The Colorado Lawyer, (July 2017 ed.)
- 2015 edition of “Workers’ Compensation Law,” Annual Survey of Colorado Law (CLE in Colo., Inc., 2015).
- 2014 edition of “Workers’ Compensation Law,” Annual Survey of Colorado Law (CLE in Colo., Inc., 2014).
- 2013 edition of “Workers’ Compensation Law,” Annual Survey of Colorado Law (CLE in Colo., Inc., 2013).
- 2012 edition of “Workers’ Compensation Law,” Annual Survey of Colorado Law (CLE in Colo., Inc., 2012).
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY ASSOCIATIONS
Mr. Gren served as the Chair for the Workers’ Compensation Section of the Colorado Defense Lawyers Association from 2012-2014.
Mr. Gren is a member of the Colorado Bar Association, Arizona Bar Association, Denver Bar Association, Colorado Defense Lawyers Association, Defense Research Institute, Professionals in Workers’ Compensation, and of Phi Delta Phi legal fraternity.
Rising Star by Colorado Super Lawyers for his sixth consecutive year (2014-2019).
Best Lawyers for his third consecutive year. (2018-2020).
Best Law Firms in America, U.S. News and Report